These are the pre-events organised for 2016 to-date. Add your event for 2016 in the comments below or email email@example.com
- Queensland Saturday 30 January 10am-4pm – This will be the fifth event to be held in Parliament House, Brisbane. You must register separately and bring ID to be admitted to the event because of security. Use Eventbrite to generate your entry ticket. The event will close with a prayer walk around Parliament House ending at Speakers’ Corner where a 72-hr Bible Reading Marathon will begin. More details at QLD Day of Prayer & Fasting.
- News South Wales This year the NSW Parliament is being renovated so the normal venue is not available. A small group of invited intercessors will pray together in a smaller room on Wednesday 3rd February. Then they will gather in Richard Johnson Square, 5020 Bligh St, Sydney, from 1-2.30 pm (during the NACL event). The monument there marks where the first church service in Australia was held by Rev Johnson on 3rd February 1788. This year’s Sydney Bible Reading Marathon will also start at this monument at 8pm on February 3rd. Readers are needed for this 72 hour event. For more information contact Judy Russell 02 9230 2478 or Dianne Taylor 0411 867 164.
- Victoria Friday 12 February 7.30-9.00pm Melbourne City-wide Prayer Meeting Release Jesus’ Blessing on Australia. Gather in Jesus’ name to agree in prayer with our Father’s will done on earth! Be inspired by the 40 Stories film: Real Simple Stuff. Luis West (17) shining with Jesus! A life changing testimony of miraculous transformation and healing. Receive Jesus’ Blessing and Release Jesus’ Blessing on the land and people of Australia!
South Australia Saturday 6 February 10 am-12.30 pm (normal Revival SA monthly meeting) SA House of Prayer for All Nations will host this event at 27 Sturt Street, Adelaide. Contact Jenny Hagger or phone (08) 8370 1256.
- A.C.T will be holding a Bible Reading Marathon in two venues in Canberra as a pre-event. This will commence 72 hours before the National Day of Prayer & Fasting. Bible Breakthrough Vision – Canberra. Watch this short video.
Email Hilary Moroney for more details.
- Western Australia – 7 February from 4:00pm-6:00pm at Hillside Church, 45 Berkshire Rd, Forrestfield. Everyone who is interested in praying for our nation as the Church united together in Perth is invited. Please invite anyone you know who has a heart to pray for our nation.
- Western Australia Wednesday 16 March – there will be a Day of Prayer and Fasting for Pastors from across the city on Wednesday 16th March from 10am to 4pm at Victory Life Centre. Email Mary Lyn Reid or phone 08 9202 7115.
- We have contacted the oversees territories of Norfolk Island and Christmas Island and Antarctica. Christians there are open to joining in. We haven’t got any contacts for the Cocos Islands! Do you know someone there?
CITY or REGIONAL PRE-EVENTS
- Illawara Region Saturday 13 February (after the NDOPF in Canberra) – Local Christian leaders will host a Day of Prayer & Fasting in Wollongong at Lighthouse Auditorium from 10 AM – 4 PM. More details here.
- Brisbane Blazing Altar Saturday 23 January 6.15-8.30 pm. There will be worship followed by prayer. Prayer groups will be English, Chinese and Korean so all are welcome. Venue: Healing Rooms, 53B Fairlawn St, Nathan 4111. Contact Glen Vines for more details.
- Gold Coast City Saturday 6 February – There will be a worship and prayer night from 7 pm at City Link Resource Centre Auditorium, 148 Eastlake St Carrara (Exit 75 off the M1). All welcome. Contact Len Rossow for more details.
- Ipswich City Sunday 7 February Ipswich Awakening invites others to a Day of Prayer for Ipswich and Australia. For more details contact Lee-Anne Nelson or phone Ruth Booij on 04 0304 9399.
- Logan City Sunday 31 January 6PM A Prayer gathering will be held at Hosanna Logan City, 13/390 Kingston Road, Slacks Creek, QLD 4127. The church can seat 500 so all are welcome. From Monday 1 – Friday 5 Feb, the church will be in prayer and fasting. During their church camp 5-7 Feb they will pray for the nation. For more details contact Pastors Faamanuia & Ruta Aloalii who will become Australian citizens on Australia Day!
- Toowoomba Australia Day 26th Jan at the Salvation Army Cr West Street & Anzac Av from 10am – 4pm and Thursday 4th February St Stevens Uniting Church 51 Neil Street opposite The Empire Theatre from 7pm – 9pm. For further details contact Annie Cathcart.
- Cairns, Queensland – There will continue to be daily prayer from 7-8 am at Healing Rooms, 2 Maranoa Street. Contact Pastor Melissa Haigh of Cairns Marketplace Church for more details (phone 0439 352 465).
- Newcastle, NSW – Wed 3 – 6 February There will be a Bible Reading Marathon as a pre-event of the National Day of Prayer & Fasting. See all details in 2016 Bible Reading Marathon Newcastle. Contact Dianne Imison firstname.lastname@example.org
P: 4963 6415 M: 0421 154 013
- Wheelers Hill Victoria, Wednesday 3 February from 7.00pm until around 10.00pm. This will be held at Waverley Baptist Church, Corner of Lum and Waverley Roads, Wheelers Hill 3150. All people from the surrounding churches are encouraged to attend. Email Rabi Gunaratnam for more details.
- Add your event in comments below.
RURAL AREAS PRE-EVENTS
- Wandearah – Sunday 31 January at 3 pm, Wandearah Community Church, Wandearah 5523 South Australia. Contact Wendy Joyce 08 8636 5028 or 0418857411
- Tumbarumba Region NSW 2653 – There will be a ‘National Prayer Network School of Intercession’ with Brian Pickering, hosted by Tumbarumba Community Church on Friday & Saturday 29 & 30. This will be followed by a Prayer Pilgrimage to the top of Mt Kosciusko on Saturday 6 February. Then there will be a National Day of Prayer Service at Tumbarumba Community Church on Sunday 7 February. The church will participate in the 40 Days of Prayer & Fasting. Ganggalah College and Ps Will Dumas (one of the 40 story tellers) will be ministering at the church as a culmination of the 40 day journey! Contact Pastor Debbie Gadd on Mobile: 0427712949 or Ph/Fax: 02 6948 5265.
SMALL GROUP PRE-EVENTS
- Home group Monday 1 February Anne Window will invite friends and church members to pray at her home at 2 John Samuel Place, Ormiston 4160.
- Small group meeting Wednesday 3 February 5.30pm in Sanctuary Park Retirement Village, 44 Zealey Road, Nambour. Bring a plate to share for Fellowship Tea, followed by A United Prayer Meeting for Australia led by Colin & Carole Kirton – phone 0438102351.
- Add your event in comments below.
CHURCH EVENTS ON NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER & FASTING 7 February
- Connect Baptist Church, Deagan, Brisbane 7 February – The South Pacific Community will meet to give thanks to God and pray for Australia. More details here.
- St Barnabas Anglican Church, Sunnybank, Brisbane 7 February
starting at 11am until 4 pm. Church is in Lister Street. All welcome.
Contact Elizabeth 3273 1787 or 0419 657 342
- Coral Coast, Queensland 7 February – There will be a meeting at Coral Coast Christian Church (Baptist Church) at 596 Windermere Road, Bargara at 2.30 pm for quiet reflection then 3-5 pm for prayer. All churchgoers in the area are welcome. Contact Pastor Brian Robertson for more details – 0407 547 036.
- Fairfield Christian Family, Brisbane, QLD – 7 February – during the morning service starting at 9.30 am. 51 Cross St, Fairfield, 4103. Phone 07 3892 4784.
- Coffs Harbour, New South Wales 7 February 2-4 pm – (Wesleyan Church)
76 Gray St Coffs Harbour Contact: Margaret Fox 0402264715.
- Lakeside Christian Church, Greenwood, North Perth, Western Australia (ACC)
– 7 February During the morning service – Contact Andrew & Penny Edison.
- Diggerlans Christian Fellowship, Red Cliffs, 3496 VIC – 7 February During morning service. Contact Pastor Rebekah Milne
- Add your event in comments below.