We are nearing one of the most important elections in the history of Australia.
We need to cry out to God!
#AusPrays2016 is a united call for seven days of Prayer & Fasting for Australia and the coming Federal Elections on Sat 2 July 2016. This focused time of prayer begins on Saturday 25 June and finishes late on Friday 1 July 2016.
The call for prayer and fasting was first proposed by the National Day of Prayer & Fasting and the Canberra Declaration. After extensive discussion and input from Christian Leaders, Media Leaders and Prayer Leaders, the initiative was confirmed on Monday 20 June 2016 on an Australian-wide teleconference. Our mission is to amplify prayer for the last seven days before the election. We have taken inspiration from the Australian Prayer Network call for a 35-day ‘Season of Prayer for the Federal Elections’.
The overall strategy for this special call to prayer and fasting is called #AusPrays2016 and you can be involved in any of the following seven key components.
1. Seven Days of Prayer & Fasting #AusPrays2016 for Australia and the coming Federal Elections from Saturday 25 June to Friday 1 July 2016.
2. A Sunrise Prayer Relay #AusPrays2016 will kick off this week of prayer. People will gather all across Australia from east to west on Saturday 25 June starting 15 minutes before sunrise. The Sunrise Prayer Relay is a series of short 30-minute meetings. You can pray longer if you want to. More information here. Please register your event so others can join you. Email Pat Steele at email@example.com or phone 0433 006 934. (Families and individuals can register too).
3. A Sunrise Prayer Teleconference Call #AusPrays2016 on Saturday 25 June from 6:30-9:30AM EST. You can phone in or be online to pray with others. Details for local phone numbers and weblink to use.
4. Social Media Hashtag #AusPrays2016 will be used for this prayer campaign. Put it everywhere you can on the web and it will start to gain greater and greater traction and popularity. Here are some other hashtags to use as secondary ones to create a viral momentum with ALL your social media posts:
#PrayAustralia & #AusPrays – These were used during the National Day of Prayer & Fasting.
#AusVotes2016 & #Election2016 – These are what political parties and media are using. By getting some of our posts in these streams, this will expand reach and draw attention.
#Jesus and #JesusIsLord – because Jesus is Lord!
5. Vision Christian Radio Prayer Challenge #AusPrays2016 everyday at 8AM, 12 Midday, 4PM and 8PM Monday 27 June to Friday 1 July 2016. See . Accept the challenge and use the #AusPrays2016 Prayer Points adapted from Week 5 of the APN Prayer Points.
6. Other Christian radio stations, churches, media-based ministries and individuals using the one-minute #AusPrays2016 Prayer Points and creating their own prayers through YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. We want everyone to get them into the public arena through social media using the hashtag #AusPrays2016 at 8AM, 12 Midday, 4PM and 8PM every day from Monday 27 June to Friday 1 July 2016.
Try to use these times but the main thing is to multiply prayer and inspire prayer in any way you can during the last week of this crucial election. Let’s see a wave of prayer across Australia! Many hands make light work. #AusPrays2016 Prayer Points will be posted at the National Day of Prayer & Fasting Facebook page daily at the above times. Please share these widely.
7. Prayer & Fasting for Australia. Pray with fasting however the Lord leads you for this crucial Federal Election. Much is at stake. Use the #AusPrays2016 Prayer Points. Other prayer resources are posted here. This includes:
- A Prayer for the Preservation of Marriage in Australia
- A Prayer for the Preservation of Marriage in Australia – Easy English version
- A Prayer for the Safe Schools Coalition Australia
Whatever you do make sure you pray! Together we can make a difference.
Jesus said, “You may ask me for anything in my Name and I will do it”
For more information contact:
Warwick Marsh: firstname.lastname@example.org – 0418 225 212
David & Marilyn Rowsome: email@example.com – 07 3422 0969
Pat Steele: firstname.lastname@example.org – 0433 006 934