40 DAYS OF PRAYER & FASTING
5 March – 13 April 2014
Following the National Day of Prayer & Fasting
on Sunday 2 March 2014
OUR FOCUS IS REVIVAL !
A Daily Prayer Guide will be available online and will be emailed as daily devotions
to those who register.
We invite you to unite in prayer and fasting over the 40 Days of Lent
in partnership with God and His revival and transformation of our nation.
Go to www.40daysofprayer.com.au for more details.
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.
For our God is a consuming fire. Hebrews 12:28-29
Five Point Prayer Plan – Revival
- Commit to a deepening and overflowing love for God.
1 John 4:16 We have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
- Make a list of friends you will pray for on each of these 40 days, praying they will be revived from death to new life in Jesus Christ. As God leads, invite them to encounter the life of Jesus at an Easter service.
- Include these 40 Days of Prayer in your church calendar and mobilise your church to pray and partner with God in His revival of our nation. 2 Chronicles 7:14
- Live a sexually pure, holy life by grace and the power of a personal relationship with God and pray for a revival of sexual purity in our nation. 1 John 3:3 Everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. 2 Corinthians 6:16-7:1 We are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” Therefore, “Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you. And, “I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.” Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.
- Pray each day for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit and fire to unite us in prayer and partnership with God in His revival and transformation of Australia. Acts 2:17 In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Psalm 80:18-19 Revive us, and we will call upon Your name. Restore us, O Lord God of hosts; Cause Your face to shine, And we shall be saved! Acts 3:19-21 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began. Psalm 85:6-12 Will You not revive us again, That Your people may rejoice in You? Show us Your mercy, Lord, And grant us Your salvation.8 I will hear what God the Lord will speak, For He will speak peace To His people and to His saints; But let them not turn back to folly. Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him, That glory may dwell in our land. Mercy and truth have met together; Righteousness and peace have kissed. Truth shall spring out of the earth, And righteousness shall look down from heaven. The LORD will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest”.